Orion Observer II 70mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope Kit
- Buy New: $139.99 (On sale from $149.99)
as of 9/19/2018 22:30 UTC details
- You Save: $10.00 (7%)
- Seller:Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
- Sales Rank:22,977
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Telescope Kit includes extra value-packed accessories for a fun stargazing experience
- 70mm (2.75") aperture telescope collects enough light from the night sky for wonderful views of the Moon, bright planets like Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter, and the brightest nebulas and star clusters
- Features a sturdy tripod and EQ-1B equatorial mount for convenient slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky
- Includes two 1.25" telescope eyepieces, red-dot aiming sight, smooth rack and pinion focuser, 90-degree mirror diagonal for comfortable viewing, and more!
- Value-packed telescope kit also includes a 2x Shorty Barlow, MoonMap 260, Orion Telescope Observer's Guide book, Star Target Planisphere, and RedBeam Mini LED keychain flashlight
This refractor telescope goes the extra distance in introducing the novice to the wonders of the night sky. Compared to a 60mm refractor, the Observer II 70 EQ can reveal an even greater variety of stellar gems and provide greater resolution of old favorites like the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Orion Nebula. The Orion Observer II 70 EQ Refractor Telescope features an achromatic glass objective lens that's 70mm in diameter, with a focal length of 700mm (f/10). This lens takes in 36% more light than a 60mm lens for brighter, clearer views. Bottom line: you'll see more than you would through telescope with a smaller aperture. The telescope tube is held in quick-releasing tube rings on the Orion EQ-1B equatorial mount. Also made of aluminum, the EQ-1B mount supports the telescope and mimics the rotational axes of the Earth, which in turn allows you to manually "track" celestial objects with the Observer 70 refractor using slow-motion controls. The Orion Observer II 70mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is better than ever when used with the extra accessories in this value-packed kit. Use the Shorty 2x Barlow with the 25mm eyepiece that comes with the telescope to enjoy 56x magnification compared to 28x, and the combination of the 10mm eyepiece and Barlow bumps the magnification from 70x to a powerful 140x view for closer looks. Use the included MoonMap 260 to properly identify lunar features you see through the telescope. Read the included Orion Telescope Observer's Guide book to learn how to locate and observe over sixty interesting objects to explore in the telescope. Use the Star Target Planisphere to see what constellations and objects will be visible on any day of the year. The RedBeam Mini flashlight makes it easy to refer to charts and books while observing, and it helps you see small parts and knobs without disrupting dark-adapted vision.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.
THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.