Orion 08268 Ritchey-Chretien 6 inch f/9 Optical Tube Assembly (White)
- Buy New: $499.99
as of 7/22/2018 14:25 UTC details
- Sales Rank:45,673
- Shipping Weight (lbs):12.1
- Dimensions (in):19.1 x 8.4 x 8.4
- Warranty:One year
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- 6 inch (152mm) aperture, f/9 Ritchey-Chretien optical tube ideal for use with DSLR cameras and small-format CCD imagers to produce wonderfully flat, virtually coma-free images
- Hyperbolic primary and secondary mirrors with enhanced aluminum coatings boast 96% reflectivity for bright imaging performance
- Conveniently compact and portable astrograph ideal for on-the-go astrophotography's
- Rotatable, 2 inch dual-speed (10:1) machined Crawford focuser provides precise focus adjustment control
- Features two dovetail finder scope bases and includes one 2 inch and two 1 inch focus extension rings so you can adjust focus position for various imaging cameras and accessories
The Orion 6 inch Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph's outstanding optical design lets you capture spectacular, detailed images of deep-sky objects like never before. Unlike conventional Newtonian reflector and Schmidt-Cass grain designs that are susceptible to coma away from the center of the field, the Ritchey-Chretien utilizes hyperbolic primary and secondary mirrors, made of BK-7 optical glass, to achieve wonderfully flat-field images that are virtually coma-free. Images are also free from chromatic aberration, since there are no lenses. The Orion 6 inch Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph is ideal for use with small-format CCD cameras like our Star Shoot line, as well as DSLR cameras. The telescope's wide, fully illuminated flat field produces pinpoint star clarity all the way to the edge of the camera's sensor. The Orion 6 inch Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph features a machined, dual-speed (10:1) Crawford-style focuser with an engraved millimeter scale on the drawtube. The secondary mirror is precisely center-marked to facilitate collimation. The enameled steel optical tube weighs only 12.1 lbs. and features a Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar underneath, for trouble-free setup on medium equatorial mounts. The inside of the optical tube is fortified with seven computer-positioned light baffles, and the primary mirror baffle tube and secondary mirror light shield are also highly baffled to ensure maximum image contrast.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.
THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.