Orion 10136 SkyQuest XT12g GoTo Dobsonian Telescope
- Buy New: $1,799.99
as of 7/22/2018 21:56 UTC details
- Seller:Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
- Sales Rank:11,603
- Shipping Weight (lbs):21.5
- Dimensions (in):18.1 x 17.8 x 10.1
- Warranty:1 year warranty
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Big-aperture fully motorized GoTo Dobsonian reflector telescope locates and tracks any of 42,000 celestial objects with the push of a few buttons!
- 12" aperture reflector optics gulp up light from the night sky for beautiful views of galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters as well as the planets and Moon
- All GoTo system motors and hardware comes pre-installed on the Dobsonian base for swift and easy assembly
- Requires 12V power supply (sold separately) for motorized operation
- Includes 2" dual-speed (11:1) Crayford focuser, 28mm 2" DeepView eyepiece, 12.5mm 1.25" illuminated crosshair Plossl eyepiece, EZ Finder II reflex sight, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night software and more!
Orion Dobsonians have always been known for superb optical and mechanical quality, wonderful ease of use, and remarkably affordable prices. One other thing they - and almost all other Dobs on the market - have had in common: you pushed the telescope to your observing target by hand. Until now. Orion is pleased to herald another giant leap in Dobsonian evolution with the introduction of the SkyQuest XTg series of fully motor driven GoTo Dobsonians. Now, pointing a Dob to even the most elusive of NGC curiosities is as easy as pushing a button or two on the XTg Dobsonians' illuminated hand controller. High-torque servo motors guided by two pairs of high-resolution encoders then slew the telescope right to your object of interest - any of over 42,000 objects in the GoTo controller?s database. No more nudging the telescope tube continuously to keep the object from drifting out of the field of view, either. The XTg automatically tracks the object's motion, keeping it centered in the eyepiece while you savor the view. What's more, the closed-loop electronics of the XTg let you move the telescope manually - or endure the accidental bump - without losing orientation for accurate, automated GoTo pointing!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.
THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.