Orion 10134 SkyQuest XT8g Computerized GoTo Dobsonian Telescope
- Buy New: $1,049.99
as of 9/18/2018 15:07 UTC details
- Seller:Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
- Sales Rank:9,594
- Shipping Weight (lbs):52.4
- Dimensions (in):50.5 x 28 x 27.5
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Innovative GoTo Dobsonian reflector telescope with fully motorized object location and automatic tracking of over 42,000 celestial wonders!
- 8" aperture reflector optics reveal detailed views of the planets and Moon, as well as deep-sky objects such as nebulas, galaxies, and sparkling star clusters
- All GoTo motors, gears, and encoders come pre-installed on the Dobsonian base boards so assembly is quick and easy
- Requires 12V power supply (sold separately) for motorized operation
- Includes 2" dual-speed (11:1) Crayford focuser, 28mm 2" DeepView eyepiece, 12.5mm 1.25" illuminated crosshair Plossl eyepiece, EZ Finder II reflex sight, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
Orion Dobsonians have always been known for superb optical and mechanical quality, wonderful ease of use, and remarkably affordable prices. One other thing they - and almost all other Dobs on the market - have had in common: you pushed the telescope to your observing target by hand. Until now. Orion is pleased to herald another giant leap in Dobsonian evolution with the introduction of the SkyQuest XTg series of fully motorized GoTo Dobsonians. Now, pointing a Dob to even the most elusive of NGC curiosities is as easy as pushing a button or two on the XTg Dobsonians' illuminated hand controller. High-torque servo motors guided by two pairs of high-resolution encoders then slew the telescope right to your object of interest - any of over 42,000 objects in the GoTo controller's database. No more nudging the telescope tube continuously to keep the object from drifting out of the field of view, either. The XTg automatically tracks the object's motion, keeping it centered in the eyepiece while you savor the view. What's more, the closed-loop electronics of the XTg let you move the telescope manually - or endure the accidental bump - without losing orientation for accurate, automated GoTo pointing!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.
THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.