Celestron StarSense Automatic Alignment Telescope Accessory, Black (94005)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $313.00
as of 10/15/2018 16:36 UTC details
- You Save: $36.95 (11%)
- Sales Rank:2,553
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.16
- Dimensions (in):9.8 x 9.3 x 4.3
- Legal Disclaimer:ADA Discounters is an independent resale business and is not affiliated with, or authorized as a representative, service provider, or contractor of services by company referenced in this product description. All references to OEM brands, trademarks, model numbers, and/or the display of certain identifying images herein are done solely for the purposes of identification and description of the product offered for resale by ADA Discounters. All trademarks contained herein belong to their respective manufacturers.
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ENABLES automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope
- No need to identify or locate any star in the sky
- StarSense automatically aligns your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes
- Aligns in 3 minutes or less - Provides advanced mount modeling?
Enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerized telescope. No need to identify or locate any star in the sky-StarSense automatically aligns your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes. Aligns in 3 minutes or less. Provides advanced mount modeling-align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy. StarSense hand controller included. Hot Product 2014 Sky & Telescop Award. Become an instant astronomer, even if you've never used a telescope before, with the one-of-a-kind StarSense AutoAlign. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand control, and StarSense begins capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database. In about three minutes, it's gathered enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more currently visible in the night sky. The self-alignment technology behind our award-winning SkyProdigy series is now available for all of Celestron's current computerized telescopes and backwards compatible with many older models as well. A small digital camera takes the place of your finderscope and attaches using one of two provided mounting brackets. The included StarSense hand control, with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, takes the place of your NexStar hand control. The camera automatically captures a series of images of the sky. StarSense identifies the stars in the images, matching them to its database. Once a positive match is confirmed, StarSense calculates the coordinates of the center of the captured image, thereby determining exactly where the telescope is pointed.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.
THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.