Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- Buy New: $199.99
as of 12/13/2017 13:07 UTC details
- Seller:Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
- Sales Rank:3,989
- Shipping Weight (lbs):7.85
- Dimensions (in):19.5 x 10.5 x 10.5
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- This grab-and-go TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope provides powerful views of the Moon and bright planets such as Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars
- Weighing just 6.5 lbs. assembled, this compact telescope and base can be taken just about anywhere to provide great views of the night sky while on road-trips, camping, or the short trip out to the backyard
- 90mm aperture Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope gathers enough light for beautiful views of brighter deep space objects like globular clusters, nebulas, and many bright galaxies
- Nifty tabletop base provides a stable viewing foundation you can set on any sturdy table, or even attach it to a field tripod with a 3/8" or 1/4"-20 threaded post
- Includes two 1.25" eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, 90 degree mirror diagonal for comfortable night sky viewing, and more!
Whoever coined the phrase "big things come in small packages", would have definitely applied that expression to our new StarMax 90 TableTop Telescope. This ultra-compact Maksutov-Cassegrain (Mak-Cass) gives surprisingly big views for an instrument of its modest size, making it an elegant first telescope or a great grab-and-go second telescope! The long, 1250mm (f/13.8) focal length gives the StarMax 90 TableTop some serious magnifying power - the included 25mm and 10mm 1.25" eyepieces yield powers of 50x and 125x, respectively. It collects over 25% more light than its GoScope 80 cousin, and up to 225% more light than a 60mm refractor telescope. So you'll be able to enjoy planetary delights such as lunar landscapes, Saturn's rings and Jupiter's moons. As you scan the Milky Way, you''l also be able to pull in some open and globular star clusters, as well as a nebula or two. The tube assembly of the StarMax 90mm TableTop Mak-Cass Telescope is attached to a stable swivel base, via a quick-release dovetail mount with adjustable altitude tension. The tube can easily be removed from the base and mounted on an optional photo tripod. The small swivel base itself can also be mounted on a camera tripod with a 3/8" screw. A red-dot view finder, internal focuser (which moves the primary lens back and forth) and included 90-degree correct image diagonal round out the features of this compact, yet surprisingly capable, Mak-Cass telescope.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.
THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.